Safety razor “Vivo” Plum wood
Safety razor with closed comb and plum wood handle.
VIVO - Safety razor from MÜHLE
- Closed comb.
- Classic blade.
- Handles made of plum wood with chrome-plated metal highlights.
The Material - Plum wood.
Designers, turners and carvers have long since discovered the wood of the plum tree. They use the material for writing utensils, furniture and musical instruments. It is an indigenous wood which is both hard and robust. To protect the wood against water, the surfaces are sealed once again with oil. The resulting soft gleam is a deliberate and highly attractive side effect.
The Razorhead - Classic blade.
For generations, the safety razor has been regarded as a stylish classic which can even shave edges with precision. For many, it is the razor par excellence. Its styling is ideally suited to the design of the MÜHLE products. Even if the open blade does demand a little respect at first: After a brief familiarisation period, and guided by a steady hand, it produces a very close shave and a lasting result. Unlike modern blade systems, the head of the safety razor does not move. The blades are replaced by unscrewing the cap. They can be purchased from us and by retailers everywhere. We sale compatible LORD blades in our shop.
Shaving with a safety razor requires a little practice. The skin also needs some time to grow accustomed to the shave.
- Getting started will be easier if you follow these instructions: Moisten the beard area, preferably with warm water, and lather it thoroughly with a brush.
- The longer you lather the beard, the more easily and gently the hairs can be cut.
- If possible, use a highly effective moisturising shaving cream or soap as this will allow the blade to slide over the skin more easily.
- Make sure that the shaving head and handle are firmly attached to each other, but only tighten the screw to the extent that it can be unscrewed without too much effort. This ensures that the blade rests at the correct angle. Now begin with the shave.
- Hold the safety razor at an obtuse angle (approx. 30°) to the skin.
- Start with the cheeks and allow the razor to slide over the skin, applying gentle pressure.
- Always shave in the direction of the beard growth (with the grain).
- When shaving the neck, stretch the skin tight with your free hand.
- Do not be discouraged by small cuts or grazes. Once you have familiarised yourself with the razor, they will rarely occur.
- 11x4 cm.
Comes with the first blade.
Made in Germany.