Traditional safety razor closed comb
Closed Comb Chrome Safety Razor -classic blade- is, for many, the razor par excellence because produces a very close shave and a lasting result, a stylish classic which can even shave edges with precision.
Traditional shaving is more respectful of both your skin and the environment.
Comes with the first blade.
- Razorhead: made of chrome-plated metal with closed comb for classic double-edged blades. Unlike modern blade systems, the head of the safety razor does not move. Without chrome the world would forfeit a lot of its lustre. The material is corrosion-resistant, very long-lasting and has a luxurious, alluring lustre. Closed comb produces a very close shave and a lasting result, as well as it provides greater security and is gentle with sensitive skins.
- Handle: made of chrome-plated metal. It attains high resistance to water.
- Compatible with any classic double-edged blade.
- Brand: Parker
How to use:
Even if classic shave does demand a little respect at first: After a brief familiarisation period, and guided by a steady hand, it produces a very close shave and a lasting result.
Getting started will be easier if you follow these instructions:
- Moisten the beard area, preferably with warm water, and lather it thoroughly with a brush.
- The longer you lather the beard, the more easily and gently the hairs can be cut.
- If possible, use a highly effective moisturising shaving cream or soap as this will allow the blade to slide over the skin more easily.
- Make sure that the shaving head and handle are firmly attached to each other, but only tighten the screw to the extent that it can be unscrewed without too much effort. This ensures that the blade rests at the correct angle. Now begin with the shave.
- Hold the safety razor at an obtuse angle (approx. 30°) to the skin.
- Start with the cheeks and allow the razor to slide over the skin, applying gentle pressure.
- Always shave in the direction of the beard growth (with the grain).
- When shaving the neck, stretch the skin tight with your free hand.
- Do not be discouraged by small cuts or grazes. Once you have familiarised yourself with the razor, they will rarely occur.
If you want to know more about how to do a traditional wet shaving , you can read our Blog post Wet Shaving A Plastic Free Shaving.
- Length: 10,7cm.
- Width: 4,1cm.
Made in India.