Pocket Natural Sharpening Stone
This small natural stone is the ideal accessory for your knives never lose their sharp edge. It comes from the Italian region of Lombardy and has been recognized since the 15th century for its outstanding sharpening qualities due to its perfect and uniform balance of quartz and carbonates.
Features of the pocket natural sharpening stone:
- Natural stone from Lombardy (Italy).
- Composition: Homogeneous balance of quartz and carbonates.
- Perfect size to take it with you and sharpened your pocket knives.
- Brand: Opinel
How to use the pocket natural sharpening stone:
- When using a whetstone for sharpening the blade, the latter must be dry and cleaned of all traces of lubricant.
- Slightly wet the natural stone.
- Start from the base of the blade moving towards the tip of the blade in an alternating and regular movement.
- In a first stage, sharpen the cutting edge by pressing hard on the stone and going back and forth along the blade (the stone is at a 20° angle with the blade) in order to remove the steel burr forms on the opposite side of the blade which prevents it from cutting. This burr must therefore be removed.
- In he second stage of the sharpening process, start from the base of the blade moving towards the tip of the blade in an alternating regular movement but with less pressure than the first time.
- Finally, lightly pass the stone on each side of the cutting edge (twice).
- Like any hard material it is very fragile so it is recommended to avoid any hit.
- Lenght: 10cm.
- Width: 2cm.
- Thickness: 0,5cm.
- Weight: 38 gr.
Made in Italy.