Double Wooden Comb for Lice and Nits
Double Wooden Comb for Lice and Nits, the best tool to detect lice and the most effective method to eliminate them. Regular teeth to divide hair by sections and Narrow ones to remove lice and nits.
Ideal, too, to remove babies cradle cap.
Brand: Kost Kamm
Features of the Double Wooden Comb for Lice and Nits:
- Wood from local sustainable hardwood trees.
- Teeth, with no burrs left and with rounded tips, take care of your hair without biting, snagging or breaking it, thus preventing its damage.
- Teeth of 2 sizes: Regular teeth to divide hair by sections and Narrow ones to remove lice and nits.
- Ideal, too, to remove babies cradle cap.
- Wood combs are naturally anti-static, These properties will prevent you from having frizzy hair
- The rounded teeth massage your scalp stimulating circulation of blood and eliminating toxins.
- Hand crafted by a small family run business.
- Highest standard and stylish finish. The hue of the wood can change from one comb to another.
How to care of the Double Wooden Comb for Lice and Nits:
- Store in a dry place.
- Do not soak it.
- If you want to clean the comb more thoroughly, we must put in a bowl tepid soapy water, a few drops of white vinegar and baking soda. Introduce the comb in that solution and rub the teeth with a brush. Then rinse it very well so that no residue remains, drain it and dry it in the air.
How to do a lice comb-out with the Double Wooden Comb for Lice and Nits:
Lice comb is the best tool to detect live lice and the most effective method to remove them, if you do it with care and consistency.
- Do the operation in a place with bright and abundant light.
- Before you start to use the lice comb, wash your hair with a good shampoo.
- After washing the hair, we must apply hot white vinegar (of cider or white wine) - if we are very sensitive to its touch or smell we can dilute the vinegar in water-. Vinegar is a good hair conditioner and will help us to easily pass the comb and is also a natural and perfect remedy to kill lice and nits (lice eggs). The heat also helps kill lice as they do not survive a temperature above 41°C.
- Place a light towel on the shoulders of the person to be treated in order to stop insects from falling on clothing.
- Untangle hair with a regular com.
- Part the hair down the middle and clip up one half so it's out of the way.
- On the loose side, pick up one small section of hair, about the width of your lice comb. Start at the scalp to catch the parasites.
- Pull comb all the way through to ends of hair. Comb each section in multiple directions (up, down, left, right).
- You may see lice on the comb after you pull it through the hair.
- Flick the teeth of the comb into a bowl, dip it in a bowl of soapy water, or wipe it with a towel after each swipe.
- Keep combing each section until the comb comes out clean (no lice).
- Twist the combed hair and clip it to the head.
- When you have finished with your whole head, rinse the vinegar conditioner.
- Clean combs and hairpins in hot soapy water.
- Wash the clothes you have used during cleaning.
- Repeat the operation after a few days (it will not be so difficult because there will not be so many lice or nits). If lice are an ongoing problem in your area, try combing out hair once a month because regular comb-outs are the best prevention.
- A trick to stop being infested again is to put a few drops of lavender or tea tree essential oil behind your ears and neck, since lice hate this smell and keep them away.
Dimensions of theDouble Wooden Comb for Lice and Nits:
- Length: 8 cm.
- Width: 6 cm.
- Thickness: 0,6 cm.
Handmade in Germany.
- Local wood
- Made in Europe