Fruit and vegetable peeler knife
A lightweight pointy tipped knife with a beechwood or brightly coloured varnished wooden handle. The perfect size and shape to make daily use in the kitchen. The blade is made of Swedish-style stainless steel.
Our Paring knife is a must-have general-purpose knife for every good cook. A smooth blade which ensures a perfect cut for slicing, chopping, and peeling fruits and vegetables, cutting onions and shallots, trimming meat, or even as table knife.
Features of the wooden peeler:
- The handle:
- Beech is the most commonly used wood for the manufacture of Opinel handles. From France, our beech is hard, durable and easy to work. With a homogeneous appearance, its light color varies from yellow to pink. It is characterized by the presence of numerous small dark dashes.
- Made of Hornbeam wood, from French forests, due to its strength and hard wearing properties. The handle is varnished to protect it from moisture and dirt.
- The blade: Made of martensitic stainless steel with high hardness due to the addition of nitrogen (0.15%) and superior corrosion resistance due to a high chromium content (16%). Stainless steel that has been optimized to achieve the best combination of rust resistance, strength and a high quality cut. Its formula 12C27MOD is made in Sweden by the famous SANDVIK group, specialists in cutlery manufacturing. Its carbon content of at least 0.40 % provides an excellent cutting edge. This steel meets the European Regulation - EC 1935/2004 dated 27/10/2004 – responsible for materials that come in contact with food.The steel continues inside the handle for more than half its 9.5cm length and is supported by 2 rivets to ensure the highest strength and safety.
- Brand : Opinel
How to use and care for:
- Just as effective for cutting up fruit and vegetables as for chopping meat.
- Keep in a dry place.
- Never immerse in water because it could cause the wood to deform.
- Even though the varnish allows it to be washed in the dishwasher, it is not recommended, in order to remarkably increase its average lifespan.
- Length: 19 cm.
- Handle length: 9.5 cm.
- Blade length: 10 cm.
- Blade thickness: 15 mm (at the widest point)
Made in France.