“My first Opinel” children's pocketknife
A new best friend for those zero waste picnics has arrived. Now, with the “My First Opinel” children’s pocketknife, even the smallest members of your family can start to learn how to peel fruit, collect their own wild mushrooms and whittle little sticks during their outdoor adventures.
This child’s pocketknife will allow them to develop their independence safely.
Its rounded tip and blade blocking system avoids accidental cuts, whilst its French beechwood handle encourages a good grip so that they quickly get used to cutting all types of food and materials.
WHY DO WE RECOMMEND THIS CHILDREN’S POCKETKNIFE TO YOU AND YOUR KIDS?
Children’s pocketknives with rounded tips are the safest option, so that you and your kids can use them in environments where children are around without the danger of a pointed blade. In addition, these pocketknives help to teach children about independence and are ideal for enjoying zero waste meals and adventures surrounded by nature.
WHY IS THIS CHILD’S POCKETKNIFE AN ESSENTIAL ITEM AT OUR HOUSE?
- It is the plastic-free and zero waste alternative to single use picnic cutlery.
- It is responsibly manufactured in France.
- Made to last a lifetime: it is made of French beechwood (known for its hardness) and high quality rust resistant stainless steel.
- Its rounded tip is safer than pocketknives with a pointed tip.
- It is supported with an additional safety system (Virobloc), that locks the blade in place whilst being used and during transport.
- It is ergonomic: the handle is especially designed with children’s small hands in mind.
- It is the perfect tool for outdoor adventures.
- It is ideal for helping your little ones develop their independence.
OUR TIPS AND ADVICE FOR USE
- Use only under adult supervision.
- Maintain and protect the cutting edge of your pocketknife by only cutting soft surfaces (food and wood) and avoid very hard materials (crystal, stone, ceramics…).
- Keep your pocketknife in a dry place with its blade closed.
- To clean effectively, open the pocketknife and wash the blade by hand with warm water and soap, avoiding wetting the handle. Rinse and dry the blade well before folding it away.
- Do not put in the dishwasher.
- You can sharpen your pocketknife using a whetstone (sharpening stone). Clean the blade thoroughly of any remaining residue, then start sharpening the cutting blade by pressing the blade against the whetstone and running the blade along the stone from the base towards the tip using even strokes.
DIMENSIONS AND OTHER FEATURES
- Length of the blade: 7,5 cm.
- Width of the blade: 1,6 cm.
- Length of the closed pocketknife: 10 cm.
- Length of the open pocketknife: 17,5 cm.
- Materials: Sandvik high quality stainless steel, French beechwood.
- Handmade in France by Opinel.
- Local wood
- Made in Europe