Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor 9cm.
Butterfly open double edge safety razor 9cm. made of brass with chromed finish. The easy butterfly opening facilitates cleaning, making it ideal for epilation even under the shower. a corrosion-resistant material, very long lasting and with an attractive sheen.
Traditional wet shaving is more respectful of both your skin and the environment.
Brand: Vie Long
Features of the Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor 9cm.:
- Made of brass with chrome plated finish.
- Ergonomic handle.
- Butterfly open: Features the distinctive Parker ‘butterfly’ opening mechanism whereby the base of the handle is twisted to open the head – undoubtedly the simplest and safest way to insert the traditional double edge safety razor blades and facilitates a quick cleaning even in the shower, when epilating.
- Check our video on How to change the blade of a butterfly safety razor.
- Razor Security Bar.
- Perfect zero-waste and plastic-free alternative to disposable razors.
- You can use it for leg & underharm shaving.
- Compatible with any traditional blade like LORD blades from our shop.
- Blades not included.
- Closed comb.
- Brand: Vie-Long.
How to use the Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor 9cm.:
Even if classic shave does demand a little respect at first: After a brief familiarisation period, and guided by a steady hand, it produces a very close shave and a lasting result.
Getting started will be easier if you follow these instructions:
- Moisten the beard area, preferably with warm water, and lather it thoroughly with a brush.
- The longer you lather the beard, the more easily and gently the hairs can be cut.
- If possible, use a highly effective moisturising shaving cream or soap as this will allow the blade to slide over the skin more easily.
- Make sure that the shaving head and handle are firmly attached to each other, but only tighten the screw to the extent that it can be unscrewed without too much effort. This ensures that the blade rests at the correct angle. Now begin with the shave.
- Hold the safety razor at an obtuse angle (approx. 30°) to the skin.
- Start with the cheeks and allow the razor to slide over the skin, applying gentle pressure.
- Always shave in the direction of the beard growth (with the grain).
- When shaving the neck, stretch the skin tight with your free hand.
- Do not be discouraged by small cuts or grazes. Once you have familiarised yourself with the razor, they will rarely occur.
If you want to know more about how to do a traditional wet shaving , you can read our Blog post Wet Shaving A Plastic Free Shaving.
How to care of the Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor 9cm.:
- Clean up any soap and hair residue after use.
- Remove any excess of water tapping the razor gently on a cloth or towel.
- Remove the blade if you are not going to use it for a while.
- Store it on a shaving stand, or in a dry place.
- Lenght: 9,5 cm.
- Width: 4 cm.
Made in China.