Natural sharpening Stone
This Opinel natural sharpening stone for knives is the ideal accessory for your knives, scissors, shears, secateurs, scythes and any other cutting tool never lose their sharp edge.
It comes from the Italian region of Lombardy and has been recognized since the 15th century for its outstanding sharpening qualities due to its perfect and uniform balance of quartz and carbonates.
Features of the natural sharpening stone:
- Natural stone from Lombardy (Italy).
- Composition: Homogeneous balance of quartz and carbonates.
- Two different sides for sharpening:
- A granulated side, coarse and rough, to roughen the most damaged -deep dents-, jagged and blunt parts of your blade. With this side we can even the blade and smooth it down until recovering the appropriate cutting angle.
- A smoother and thinner side to polish small imperfections, sharpen and fine tune the blade to get polished finish.
- Brand: Opinel
How to use the natural sharpening stone :
- When using a whetstone for sharpening the blade, the latter must be dry and cleaned of all traces of lubricant.
- Slightly wet the natural stone.
- Start from the base of the blade moving towards the tip of the blade in an alternating and regular movement.
- In a first stage, sharpen the cutting edge by pressing hard on the stone and going back and forth along the blade (the stone is at a 20° angle with the blade) in order to remove the steel burr forms on the opposite side of the blade which prevents it from cutting. This burr must therefore be removed.
- In he second stage of the sharpening process, start from the base of the blade moving towards the tip of the blade in an alternating regular movement but with less pressure than the first time.
- Finally, lightly pass the stone on each side of the cutting edge (twice).
How to care of the natural sharpening stone:
- Like any hard material it is very fragile so it is recommended to avoid any hit.
Dimensions of the natural sharpening stone:
- Lenght: 24 cm.
- Width: 4 cm.
- Thickness: 1,8 cm.
Made in Italy.