Natural Square Loofah Sponge
Natural Loofah is an excellent product 100% vegetal and natural. Recommended for all types of skins in daily hygiene, including the most sensitive ones, since it softens on contact with water.
These organic scouring pads, toxic-free, are even a great multi-purpose option to wash-up our dishes or cutlery as well as clean cratch-free our vitroceramic hob or countertop since they are very soft.
Features of the Natural Square Loofah Sponge:
- Loofah or luffa is a fibrous plant seed pod. The loofah plant is a cucurbita, a group of plants including gourds, pumpkins, and cucumbers. It is biodegradable and compostable.
- The loofah sponges are grown in small farms (so no intensive culture) close one to the other in Galicia, Spain. These fields are also near the center where are collected and prepared to be shipped to distributers.
- They do not use any chemical product for plant protection such as weed-killers, included legal ones. Moreover, all the equipment used in these farms are biodegradable and recyclable.
- Our luffas are collected manually to pick them in their ideal maturation point, which facilitates their cleaning. The process of emptying and cleaning is done using only mechanical techniques and natural hot spring water (at 42ºC), which enrich them with salts and minerals, very beneficial to health.
- Sponge comes in a compact state. Once wet, it increases in size.
- Can be used on both sides.
- Luffa softens on contact with water, making it ideal for daily hygiene.
- Treated with Caldas thermal water, prevents cellulite, stimulates blood circulation and is a natural exfoliant -body and facial scrub- that helps us to renew dead cells, in order to achieve a smooth and beautiful skin.
- These organic scouring pads, toxic-free, are even a great option to wash-up our dishes or cutlery as well as clean our vitroceramic hob or countertop without scratching them because they are very soft.
- Sewn by hand.
How to use and care of the Natural Square Loofah Sponge:
- Moisten before use.
- You may also use Gels and soaps -we recommend tu use natural products-.
- Massage your skin with gentle circular movements -to stimulate blood circulation and prevent cellulite-.
- Rinse it after each use, drain it and allow to air dry.
- Store it in a dry place.
- To eliminate bacteria, you can put it (wet) once in a while in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds.
- If the sponge changes colour or starts to smell, it is time to replace it.
Dry Skin Brushing with the Natural Square Loofah Sponge:
Dry Skin Brushing is an age-old practice that is part of the famous Hindu Ayurveda, considered as one of the oldest traditional systems of medicine accepted worldwide. It is performed by a gentle friction that activates body's lymphatic system. As they point out..."If the Sveda Mala (sweat) is not cleared from the body, it can lead to skin irritation problems, and improper fluid balance..."
Among its many benefits we must highlight:
- Stimulates your lymphatic system, responsible for eliminating cellular waste products. Hundreds of miles of lymphatic tubules allow waste to be collected from your tissues and transported to your blood for elimination, a process referred to as lymphatic drainage. When your lymphatic system is not working properly, waste and toxins can build up and make you sick. Lymphatic congestion is a major factor leading to inflammation and disease. By stimulating your lymphatic system and helping it release toxins, dry skin brushing is a powerful detoxification aid.
- Regarding Acne, you can notice an improve in just a few days.
- It helps to dissolve and eliminate fat accumulation and cellulite.
- Removes dead skin cells.
- Since it improves blood circulation, allows disposing body waste through the pores of the skin.
- Increases skin firmness by increasing blood flow.
- Allows skin to breathe optimally.
- Stimulates skin nerve endings.
- Decreases cortisol since dry brushing is very relaxing and helps soothe the nerves. The relaxing nature of dry brushing as well as increased circulation tends to reduce stress levels.
- Tones muscles by activating muscle fibers.
- Relieves contractures.
Tips for a good dry brushing
- Better to do it just after getting up in the morning. However, dry brushing just before bedtime, helps you to fall asleep faster.
- Do not brush very hard or for a long time. Never irritate your skin.
- Make sure your skin is clean -no lotions or creams- and dry.
- Begin from the soles of the feet and continue up the legs, with circular movements towards the heart.
- For the abdomen, use circular movements counter clockwise.
- Brush gently your breast and do not get close to the nipples.
- Ideally, brushing should take two to five minutes each day.
- Be patient. It is not an instant remedy as it needs at least 3 to 6 months of regular brushing in order to appreciate its excellent results.
- If you want, from time to time, put a handful of sea salt on the mitt to increase dry exfoliation.
- Once you have finished, have a shower to remove all dead skin.
- After leaving the shower and get dried, massage your skin with organic moistering body oils and creams.
PRECAUTIONS: It is not recommended for people with eczema, psoriasis, rashes or other skin ailments. It should be also avoided by those who suffer inflammatory circulatory problems, such as phlebitis or varicose veins. In these cases, avoid dry brushing on lower limbs, though it could be done on back, arms and buttocks.
Dimensions of the Natural Square Loofah Sponge:
- Length: 12 cm. approx.
- Width: 12 cm. approx.
- Thickness: 1.5 cm. approx.
Grown and Handcrafted by Ibérica de Esponjas Vegetales in Spain.