Nut milk bag
This hemp and certified organic cotton filtering bag is perfect for making your own plant-based beverages, sometimes known as vegan nut “milks”. It has two main uses, both for growing your own sprouts at home as well as for making plant-based beverages.
It is an easy and cheap way to get sprouting and making plant-based drinks at home.
It will allow you to reduce the amount of plastic packaging and drink cartons you use. The perfect zero waste hack!
WHY WE LIKE THIS NUT MILK BAG SO MUCH
We really like drinking and cooking with plant-based milks, but they are nearly impossible to find in sold in bulk. The commonly used plastic-lined cartons can only be partially recycled via a complicated process as they are made up of multiple layers of various materials. The better option is to avoid using this type of packaging whenever possible.
WHY WE HAVE CHOSEN THIS BAG TO MAKE OUR PLANT-BASED BEVERAGES
- It is a plastic-free, local and zero waste product.
- This filtering bag is made from 80% organic cotton and 20% European hemp spun and woven in Spain.
- Hemp is more eco-friendly than cotton, as it requires less water and energy when growing the plant as well as when processing the fibre.
- The cotton is GOTS certified.
- The fabric is woven in Spain by an OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified company.
- The fabric is left in its raw state, without adding any dyes or whitening agents.
- Easy to use U-shaped design, without seams at the bottom for maximum strength.
- Double seams are used throughout to avoid the risk of rips and fraying.
- The bag is put together and sewn in a small family business in Spain.
- You can use it to make plant-based “milks” from your favourite nuts, grains and seeds: almonds, oats, tiger nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts, sesame seeds…
- For growing your own sprouts, we recommend using the bag inside out, so that the seams don’t get caught up with your newly formed sprouts.
- This is a very easy and cost-effective way to try growing sprouts and making plant-based drinks at home.
- This is a Minimall product: quality everyday products that last a lifetime, made in Europe with eco-friendly materials, so that you can live better with less.
HOW TO USE THIS NUT MILK BAG
- On our blog you can find some tips and advice about how to make plant-based beverages with a nut milk bag.
- Watch our video about how to make almond milk with this hemp and cotton bag.
- It comes with an informative brochure that explains how to get sprouting and making your own plant-based beverages.
PRODUCT CARE TIPS AND ADVICE
- Wash in cold water.
- You can was the nut bag under the tap, rinsing it after every use and allowing it to air dry. Although you can also throw it in the washing machine, we recommend washing it by hand with a neutral soap.
- As this bag is used for preparing food, we do not advise using fabric softeners, detergents or other chemical products.
- As this fabric has not been treated with a chemical wash, whitened or dyed, the bag may shrink a little during the first wash.
- Air dry on the line.
DIMENSIONS & OTHER FEATURES
- Available in 2 sizes. Choose the one that best fits the jug or vessel you like to use to make your plant-based beverages.
- Materials: cotton sewing thread, fabric made from a blend of organic cotton and hemp.
- No label.
- Fabric colour: raw natural colour
- Fabric weight: 220g/m2 (GSM)
- Made in Spain for Minimall
- Small bag measurements: 17.5 x 29.5 cm
- Large bag measurements: 21 x 29.50 cm
- Organic Cotton
- Made in Europe