Lamazuna menstrual cup
The Lamazuna menstrual cup is made in France from medical grade silicone.
A menstrual cup is a healthier and eco-friendly alternative to disposable tampons.
Features of the Lamazuna menstrual cup:
- The menstrual cup is made from medical grade silicone 100% hypo-allergenic
- Phthalate free
- Bleach free
- It has small holes on the sides to avoid leakage It comes with an organic cotton storage pouch
- The manufacturer complies with ISO 13485:2003. This certificate ensures the manufacturer meets regulations and requirements to manufacture medical grade devices.
Using a menstrual cup has many advantages over tampons:
It is healthier:
- A menstrual cup is a healthier option than disposable tampons.
- It respects the natural balance of the vaginal flora.
- There is no risk of dryness or fibres being left behind because it collects the menstrual fluid rather than absorbing it.
- It significantly reduces the risk of TSS (toxic shock syndrome) associated with tampon use.
Eco-friendly and cost-effective:
- On average, a woman uses 12,000 tampons and/or pads during her lifetime.
- The menstrual cup is a much more sustainable option. It offers a zero waste alternative, that can last up to 10 years.
And it can be used just like a tampon:
- It can be used whilst travelling (even on a plane), doing exercise, swimming ...
- When correctly placed, it is extremely comfortable, in fact you don’t even notice it’s there.
How to use Lamazuna menstrual cup:
Choose your size:
- Size 1: for women with light flow
- Size 2: for women with medium to heavy flow and those who have given birth naturally.
- The Lamazuna menstrual cup can be placed lower than a tampon. The cup can be inserted and removed whilst squatting, standing, or kneeling.
- Insert the cup in a diagonal direction, upwards and backwards (the vaginal canal tilts upwards towards the back of the body).
- When you use the cup for the first time, be patient. It may take you one or two periods to feel completely comfortable using the cup. But when you get used to it, you’ll be surprised at how easy and comfortable it is. You won’t even feel the cup when you are wearing it and you will be able to move freely.
Placing your menstrual cup
- Always wash your hands before inserting your menstrual cup.
- Press one side of the cup folding it in two, forming a “C” shape, or simply pinch down on one side of the wall against the base forming a triangle.
- Gently insert the cup into the vagina. It will create a vacuum when you release it.
- Use your finger to ensure that the cup has completely opened.
Removing your menstrual cup
- Always wash your hands before removing your menstrual cup
- Gently pull on the stem with your fingers.
- Use your abdominal muscles to push the cup down so that you can grab hold of the base of the cup with your fingers.
- Apply pressure to the walls of the cup to release the vacuum, then gently remove the cup and empty it.
- If you have difficulties trying to remove your cup, for example if you can’t get hold of the base, take your time, relax, and use your abdominal muscles to push the cup downwards.
- It is not recommended to use the cup for more than 8 hours at a time. Ideally empty your cup every 6 hours during the day.
- After emptying your cup, rinse it well with clean water before re-inserting it.
Cleaning your menstrual cup
- Before its first use, disinfect your menstrual cup. In order to do so, rinse your cup well and place it in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Make sure the menstrual cup is completely immersed in the boiling water. To prevent discolouration you should clean your cup with a small brush and water (a toothbrush would do the trick).
- Once a month, before boiling your menstrual cup, clean its surface including the holes with a brush, such as a toothbrush. Whilst menstruating, clean your cup well with clean water between insertions.
For more information read our Blog: The menstrual cup: an eco-friendly alternative to tampons and pads.
- Diameter: 42mm
- Length: 47mm
- Capacity: 23ml
- Diameter: 46mm
- Length: 55mm
- Capacity: 30ml
The cup is made in France. The organic cotton pouch is made in India.
Other products in the same category: