Organic cotton handkerchief for kids
All parents know it. When the kids start nursery, return to school or spend the day outside playing during the change of seasons, their noses start to get blocked, like the motor-way on a long weekend. With this in mind, you can of course use disposable paper tissues or our child’s organic cotton handkerchief.
A zero waste option, this handkerchief is made in Spain using traditional skills and a chemical-free process, it will take good care of those little noses and avoid irritation.
Spare those jacket sleeves from being attacked with snot and equip your little one against a cold with this lifelong zero waste solution.
WHY DO WE SUGGEST YOU STOP USING FACIAL TISSUES TO BLOW YOUR NOSE?
Disposable paper tissues have an extremely short lifespan, they require an enormous amount of resources, they contribute to deforestation and are sold in plastic packaging.
WHY IS THIS ORGANIC COTTON FABRIC HANDKERCHIEF AN ESSENTIAL ITEM AT OUR HOUSE?
- It’s a plastic-free zero waste alternative to disposable paper tissues.
- It’s environmentally friendly:
- It is made from organic cotton responsibly grown in Spain and Turkey.
- The material is ethically sewn in Spain by a company with OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certification.
- It is an ethical option. It is designed, put together and sewn in Spain by a cooperative that collaborates with women by supporting job placement and female driven enterprises.
- It is the simple, zero waste solution that our Grandparents have been using for their blocked noses forever.
- It is the healthy option, both for you and for the planet. No harmful chemicals have been used during its manufacture.
- It will last you years. It is reusable and, if you follow our instructions and tips for use, it will last you a lifetime.
- It’s economical. By using a handkerchief you will avoid having to buy hundreds of packets of conventional tissues.
- It’s gentle. Its delicate feel takes care of even the most sensitive skins.
- It’s easy to clean.
- It’s tough and hard-wearing.
NUESTROS TRUCOS Y CONSEJOS DE USO
- If your little one currently uses disposable paper tissues, it is possible that to start with they will find the fabric option a little rough. To avoid this feeling, wash the handkerchief before its first use in cold water using Marseille Olive Oil Soap.
- As they are made using organic cotton, they may shrink slightly with the first wash.
- If stained, soak before washing.
- For stubborn stains, use sodium bicarbonate.
- Do not use softeners or bleach. Wash at a maximum temperature of 60ºC.
- Air dry or toss in the drier at a low temperature.
- Iron occasionally at a high temperature.
WHAT DO THOSE WHO USE THEM THINK?
“I love them. They are even softer after the first wash. The star print is simple and discreet”.
“Very attractive as well as useful. Goodbye disposable tissues”.
DIMENSIONS AND OTHER FEATURES
- Dimensions: 24x24 cm.
- Colour: various prints.
- Ethically manufactured in Spain by Sinplástico.
- Packaging: packaging-free.
- Material: 100% certified organic cotton.
- Organic Cotton