Glass baby bottle 150 ml.
In order to protect your baby from plastic additives it is important that their feeding bottle is made from a safe material. This glass baby’s bottle does not give off dangerous or poisonous substances into the milk it contains. It is the safest option when feeding your little one.
WHY DO WE RECOMMEND AVOIDING PLASTIC BABY’S BOTTLES?
- Nowadays it is law that plastic baby’s bottles must NOT contain bisphenol A, nor can they contain phthalates. Nevertheless, they may contain many other substances that are not safe. All plastics contain chemical additives that are kind of harmful, and that leads us to believe that no plastic is completely safe for use in baby’s bottles.
- Babies are in their physical and neurological development stage. This phase of organ and brain formation is essential for ongoing good health throughout their life. Therefore, it is fundamental to protect our children from what we know as endocrine disruptors. Endocrine disruptors, also known as hormonal pollutants, are substances that imitate and alter the endocrine system and can have long-term health consequences.
- The use of plastic to transport, store and in particular to heat and consume food is a significant source of endocrine disruptor exposure for our kids.
- In addition, plastic is a porous material that absorbs any substance it comes into contact with, such as the dishwashing liquid, the dishwasher rinse aid or even water softener salts. That is why it is so important to care about what we feed them with.
WHY HAVE WE CHOSEN THIS GLASS BABY’S BOTTLE FOR OUR CHILDREN?
- This baby’s bottle is made from glass, the best option when it comes to your baby’s health. Glass is an inert material and therefore does not absorb nor transfer any chemical substance to or from the food inside it, even when heated. It is bisphenol and phthalate free, and also free of any other potentially dangerous substances.
- In contrast to plastic, glass is easily recyclable.
- This baby’s bottle is very practical: it is see-through, hygienic and it maintains the food’s temperature. It is made from borosilicate glass (sometimes known as Pyrex). It is especially strong, able to resist various bumps and abrupt changes in temperature. The key feature of this functional bottle is its functional teat/nipple. Its anti-colic valve reduces the ingestion of air, helping to reduce the incidence of colic caused by gases, hiccups and regurgitation. Its wide mouth opening guarantees a better lip-teat connection and assists with making suction easier.
- The plastic collar and lid never come in contact with the liquid inside the baby’s bottle.
BUT ISN’T GLASS DANGEROUS… WHAT IF IT BREAKS?
- During the first few months, when you are the one feeding the baby with the bottle, there is no risk that the baby will drop it.
- Down the track, if we notice that our baby likes to take hold of the feeding bottle themselves or even plays with it, then we can consider using a stainless steel baby’s bottle. Stainless steel is unbreakable and is also a very healthy option.
OUR TRICKS AND TIPS FOR USE
- This glass feeding bottle is dishwasher safe. If you wash it by hand, you can use a bottle brush for baby's bottles to ensure a better clean. This feeding bottle can be sterilised in boiling water with no risk of breakage.
- The teat/nipple is available in natural rubber or medical grade silicone. You can sterilise it in a pot of boiling water for 3-5 minutes.
- And remember, your baby is growing! It is important to change the type of teat in order to adjust the flow to suit your baby’s age.
DIMENSIONS AND OTHER FEATURES
- Height: 15 cm
- Diameter: 6 cm
- Volume: 150ml
- Available in 3 styles: pink, blue and neutral.
- Comes with a silicone teat size 0+
- Made in Italy
- The box comes with a small plastic blister
If you would like more information regarding how to protect your child from the most common everyday toxic chemicals, check out our blog about plastic-free nurturing
- On sale!
- On sale!