Parchment paper (also known as baking paper) is a healthy and green option when cooking or baking. Thus avoiding the need to use aluminium (a heavy metal), plastic -coated baking paper and/or silicone baking sheets. It is very important to avoid using plastic when cooking, and parchment paper is a 100% plant-based alternative. It doesn’t contain any toxic substances. It is also very handy for freezing food like fish and meat, and even works when transporting food around.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO AVOID PLASTIC FILM AND ALUMINIUM FOIL?
- Plastic-coated oven paper, silicone oven sheets, plastic film (or cling wrap) and aluminium foil can all carry substances that are dangerous for our health.
- Aluminium foil, for example, should not be used for cooking because aluminium is a very potent neurotoxin that cannot withstand heat nor acidity (from tomatoes, lemons etc.)We recommend avoiding using it with food as a precautionary measure.
- The use of plastic to transport and store food, and in particular to heat and consume food, is a significant source of our exposure to endocrine disruptors. These chemicals, also known as hormonal pollutants, can affect our health over the medium to long term.
- Therefore, we recommend avoiding any type of plastic coming into contact with our food at all cost.
WHY IS PARCHMENT OR BAKING PAPER THE BEST OPTION WHEN FREEZING OR COOKING FOOD?
- Parchment paper is the best option when freezing and cooking food because it can withstand extreme temperatures.
- It is 100% plant-based and biodegradable. It is treated in a sulphuric acid bath to seal the cellulose pores and is then washed. Thereby it is impermeable, non-stick and very resistant to high temperatures.
- It can be re-used multiple times.
- It comes in large sheets of 70 x 100 or 62 x 86 centimetres, meaning it can be used for various applications in contrast to the paper rolls that tend to be very narrow. Just cut it to size and you are good to go!
OUR TIPS AND TRICKS FOR USE
- For freezing we suggest wrapping the product in the paper.
- For baking/roasting in the oven, use a sheet of paper between the food and the tray or dish.
- You can also use it for:
- Wrapping greasy food (biscuits, sandwiches etc.) before putting them in your picnic basket or backpack.
- Covering books and albums
- Drawing, tracing and doing kraft.
- Protecting whilst ironing
- And whatever else you can think of. Use your imagination!
DIMENSIONS AND OTHER FEATURES
- Packet of 3 sheets, weight 45gr./m2, size 70 x 100cm. Equivalent to a 6m roll, 35cm wide.
- Packet of 3 sheets, weight 45gr./m2, size 62 x 84cm. Equivalent to a commercial roll.
- Certified for use with food. It complies with the regulation (CE) No. 1935/2004 regarding materials and objects destined to come into contact with food. It has been manufactured in accordance with Regulation (EC) No. 2023/2006 on good manufacturing practices for materials and objects intended to come into contact with food.
- Made in France.
- Made in Europe
Other products in the same category:
20.62 € Out of stock