Marseille Olive Oil Soap Flakes
The smell of Marseille soap conjures images of olive groves, sunflower fields and long summer holidays and now you can have that aroma in every wash you do. The recipe is a 100% natural, biodegradable and perfect to use in your washing machine.
Made with vegetable oils, free of palm oil and soybean oil, its hypoallergenic, traditionally made in Southern France and the back to basics, zero residue product for all your washing needs.
WHY DO WE RECCOMMEND NOT USING CHEMICAL PRODUCTS
Commercial hygiene and cleaning products are sold overpacked in plastics and contaminate your home and the environment with chemicals.
WHY MARSEILLE SOAP IS A BASIC IN OUR HOUSE
- Its the natural and non-toxic alternative to washing machine detergents.
- Its the zero waste solution for all your washing needs forever.
- Its very effective leaving your clothes clean without the need to use any other products.
- It has multiple uses. In addition to using it in the washing machine, it can be used as a detergent for washing dishes, as hand soap or as a degreaser in the kitchen.
- It is ideal for cleaning delicate floors, such as wood.
- Does not contain palm oil or soybean oil.
- It is manufactured responsibly and traditionally in France.
- Its ingredients are 100% natural, certified with the Ecocert seal.
TIPS AND HOME RECIPES
Here´s our recipes to make at home for all your washing and floor cleaning:
RECIPE 1 - SOAP FOR THE WASHING MACHINE (25 washes):
- 340gr of Marseille flake.
- 170 gr of soda ash (1/2 of the amount of flakes)
- 85gr Sodium carbonate (1/4 of the of amount of flakes). NB. Careful not to confuse this with caustic soda, the formula for sodium carbonate is Na2CO3. Mix in carefully and read the instructions on the sodium carbonate packet.
- Mix all together and you will have a natural detergent for all your families clothes. We use 1 to 2 large tablespoons (depending on the type of fabric and whether the laundry is very dirty or not), put directly into the drum.
RECIPE 2 - SOAP FOR THE WASHING:
- Dissolve 60gr of flakes in 1 litre of hot water (you can use an old detergent bottle), shake well and leave for 24 hours.
- Once that time has passed add an extra litre of cold water to the mix.
- If you want to use the detergent for white washing add one tablespoon of sodium percarbonate.
- To enhance its cleansing action, mix it with a tablespoon of baking soda.
- If you need extra softness for your clothes, add white vinegar to the mix.
- If you want to give your wash extra fragrance you can also add your favourite essential oil before starting the cycle.
HAND WASHING CLOTHES:
- Dissolve 10gr of flakes in very hot water and soak your garment. Rub and rinse.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon of Marseille Soap Flakes (add more if very dirty floor) to a bucket of hot water and its ready for use.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING ABOUT MARSEILLE SOAP
"The best discovery without doubt for clothes and for the body, now a basic in my house, it works everytime"
"Finally I´ve found a block of soap for all my washing needs, good quality and price"
"Great for making homemade, hygienic washing preparations"
If you prefer to buy your Marseille soap in solid form please find our selection of soap cubes and tips for use in our blog 6 Ways to Use Marseille Soap
DIMENSIONS AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Marseille Soap is also called Castilla Soap.
- It is vegan.
- We send it wrapped paper bag.
- Brand: Savonnerie du Midi. It is one of the brands of Marseille soaps made ina traditional way. We buy 10 kg bags then we prepare smaller bags
Comes in 3 weights:
- Packet of 350gr.
- Packet of 700gr.
- Packet of 1kg.
Manufactured in the South of France.
Ingredients: Sodium Olivate, Sodium Cocoate, Water, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide.
The green colour of the soap flakes depends on the chlorophyll contained in the olive oil.