Christmas garland made from wood and esparto
A simple decoration to make your place feel inviting and cosy. Eco-friendly, natural and made by hand with care and attention, this Christmas garland, made from wood and esparto, is all you need to spread the Christmas spirit with everyone you know.
Hang it on your tree or above the fireplace, or personalise it by getting the smallest members of the family involved painting the little wooden pine trees with their favourite colours.
At Sinplástico we believe that is what Christmas is all about: simple pleasures that care for our planet while we enjoy the company of those around us.
WHY DO WE RECOMMEND HANGING A PLASTIC-FREE CHRISTMAS GARLAND?
Plastic-free garlands, made using natural materials are the perfect substitute for the common Christmas decorations. I’m talking about those fake holly garlands and metres of tinsel, all made from plastic and leaving behind synthetic microfibres that end up contaminating our environment.
WHY IS THIS WOODEN ESPARTO CHRISTMAS GARLAND A STAPLE ITEM AT OUR HOUSE?
- It is environmentally friendly: it’s not made from plastic, but instead from natural materials.
- It is natural and biodegradable: wood, esparto and hemp are the only materials you will find.
- It is responsibly made: the materials used come from responsibly farmed European crops (Black Poplar) and Spanish harvests (esparto from Murcia).
- It is traditional and unique: handmade by Gabriela de Sagarminaga.
- It is a local product: made in Bilbao.
- It is perfect for turning any space festive: shops, window displays, children’s bedrooms, staircases… It looks good everywhere.
- It looks just as good hanging on your tree as it does decorating a wall.
- It is easy to customise: you can get your kids taking part by encouraging them to paint some of the little pine tree decorations in their favourite colours.
- It can put up with being dropped: when compared with plastic decorations, such as tinsel and baubles, that tend to break so easily, esparto and wood can withstand all sorts of treatment..
OUR TIPS AND TRICKS FOR USE:
- Wipe with a cloth to remove any dust.
- If it gets stained, clean it with a damp rag.
- Keep the garland away from soaps and chemical products.
- Be sure to store it in a cool, dry place.
DIMENSIONS AND OTHER FEATURES
- Length: 1,65 cm.
- Each garland is made with 2 esparto stars (11cm) and 3 wooden trees (11x7 cm).
- Colour: Naturally esparto/straw and wood coloured
- Handmade in Bilbao by Gabriela Sagraminaga.
- Embalaje: sin embalaje.
- Materials: Crushed esparto, responsibly farmed Black Polar plywood and hemp string.
- Sparte Fibres