Wooden house of locks
You will have noticed that little girls and boys are generally very interested in keys and locks.
This little wooden house of locks traditionally made in Catalunya will help your child to develop their independence and self confidence.
This eco-friendly little wooden house has 4 doors. Each one is a different colour and opens with a different lock, a bolt,a hook or a latch… They will feel very proud of themselves when they manage to open and close each one.
This little house also has a thousand different uses: playing with dolls and little animals, stashing treasures, playing hide and seek… perfect for developing their imagination and as a tool for free playtime.
WHY DO WE RECOMMEND YOU TRY TOYS MADE FROM ECO-FRIENDLY WOOD?
Toys can be a source of exposure to toxic chemicals for our children, both when they are made from plastic as well as when they are manufactured using non-organic varnishes and/or paints. In addition, many toys on the market are made in Asia under bad working conditions. It is very important to choose toys that are free from toxic chemicals and are made under socially acceptable conditions.
WHY HAVE WE CHOSEN THIS LITTLE HOUSE OF LOCKS FOR OUR CHILDREN?
- It is made with eco-friendly materials
- It’s plastic-free.
- Made of Spanish pine wood labelled PEFC.
- Water based paint with European Ecolabel.
- It is made using traditional techniques in Catalunya by Sonia and Alex from the Vetas y Virutas brand.
- It helps to develop skills such as opening and closing doors, manipulating locks, gain access in and out of things.
- It encourages the development of fine motor-skills and concentration.
- It has 4 doors with different locks and a sliding roof.
- It has a buit-in handle to make it easy to take with you.
- It is likely to have a long lifespan firstly because it works as a hand-eye coordination activity, from 12 months onwards. Later it serves as a tool to practice opening and closing locks and supports the development of fine motor-skills. Finally, it can be used as part of an imaginary game.
- It is inspired by the concept of teaching relating to daily life by Dr. Maria Montessori.
- From 1 year.
OUR TRICKS AND TIPS FOR USE
- Use a soft cloth to remove any dust.
- If it gets marked, you can use a damp cloth to clean it.
DIMENSIONS AND OTHER FEATURES
- Dimensions: base: 14x14. Height: 16 cm.
- Colour: natural wood colour and pastel colours.
- Made using artisan techniques in Catalunya.
- Materials: natural timber with nickel, brass and zinc locks and latches.
- Local wood