Natural wood building set
We love this building game made from natural sustainable wood. It is simple and beautiful and gives your children the option of 1000’s of building combinations. It’s totally chemical-free and is locally produced in Catalunya.
The different natural colours and grains in the timber stimulate your baby’s vision and hence this is the ideal toy for building as a family if you have youngsters of different ages.
WHY DO WE RECOMMEND YOU TRY TOYS MADE FROM ECO-FRIENDLY WOOD?
Toys are a daily source of toxic substance exposure for our sons and daughters that can lead to health problems down the track. Also, many toys are made outside Europe without guaranteeing respect for the dignity and the rights of those who make them. It is important to choose your toys wisely, look for environmentally friendly, healthy options that are manufactured offering decent working conditions.
WHY HAVE WE CHOSEN TO PLAY WITH THIS BUILDING SET?
- It’s made from natural pine wood that comes from the Spanish mainland certified as sustainable by PEFC (The Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification).
- It does not contain any plastic and is therefore biodegradable and compostable at the end of its long life.
- It is made using traditional techniques in Catalunya by Sonia and Alex from the Vetas y Virutas brand.
- It helps your child to develop fine motor-skills, such as helping with hand-eye coordination and therefore indirectly developing a base for reading and writing.
- It also encourages patience and creativity, whilst simplifying complex concepts like equilibrium and resistance.
- It consists of 25 or 50 geometrically cut pieces sanded by hand.
- The set has a long expected lifetime and is very hard-wearing. It can even be passed down from generation to generation.
- Suitable from 1 year+
OUR TRICKS AND TIPS FOR USE
- Do not soak.
- If pieces get marked, clean with a damp cloth.
DIMENSIONS AND OTHER FEATURES
- Available in a pack of 25 or 50 pieces.
- Pieces come in an organic cotton bag.
- Made using artisan techniques in Catalunya.
- Local wood