Organic cotton cloth napkin -double layer-
Living plastic-free, being minimalists and using basic accessories in order to live a zero waste lifestyle is all about choosing quality products, and does not mean you have to compromise when it comes to style and taste, quite the opposite.
Ethically made in Spain in a wide selection of prints, these double thickness cloth serviettes are washable and reusable.
Made from 100% organic cotton, they are a practical and elegant solution when it comes to reducing your use of paper serviettes on a daily basis.
WHY DO WE SUGGEST THAT YOU STOP USING PAPER NAPKIN?
Disposable napkins have an extremely short lifespan, even shorter still if we consider how long they hang around as waste on our planet. That is not all, their production contaminates our earth and oceans with toxic chemicals that are harmful to our health and that of the environment. They are also responsible for an enormous waste of resources, supporting deforestation and to top it off they are sold wrapped in plastic.
WHY IS THIS ORGANIC COTTON CLOTH SERVIETTE A “GO TO” ITEM AT OUR HOUSE?
- They are a plastic-free and zero waste alternative to disposable paper serviettes.
- They are environmentally friendly:
- They are manufactured with a double layer of certified organic cotton, responsibly grown in Turkey.
- The fabric is woven under fair conditions in Spain by an OEKO-TEX Standard certified company.
- They are a responsible choice. They are designed, put together and sewn in Spain by a Cooperative business that supports job placement and female driven enterprises.
- They are a simple, zero waste and traditional solution for your dinner table or picnic rug.
- They are healthy both for you and for the planet. No toxic chemicals have been used in their manufacture.
- They last for years. They are reusable, and if you follow our tips and advice for use, they will last a lifetime.
- They offer value for money. Using them you will avoid having to buy hundreds of packets of regular paper serviettes of kitchen paper roll.
- They are soft. Their gentle touch takes care of even the most sensitive skin.
- They are easy to clean.
- They are hard-wearing due to their double thickness and their internal seams.
OUR WASHING TIPS AND ADVICE:
- If you usually use disposable paper serviettes, in the beginning you may find the fabric option a little rough. To avoid this feeling, wash them before their first use in cold water using Marseille Olive Oil Soap.
- As they are made using pre-washed cotton, they will shrink very slightly, if at all, with the first wash.
- If stained, soak before washing.
- For stubborn stains, use sodium bicarbonate.
- Do not use fabric softeners or bleach. Wash at a maximum temperature of 60ºC.
- Air dry or toss in the drier at a low temperature.
- Iron occasionally at a high temperature.
DIMENSIONS AND OTHER FEATURES
- Dimensions: 34 x 34 cm
- Colour: various prints.
- Ethically manufactured in Spain by Sinplástico.
- Packaging: packaging-free.
- Material: 100% certified organic cotton.
- Sold separately.
- Organic Cotton
- Does not contain essential oils