- On sale!
Glass baby bottle Natural Feeling
Hang on a minute, we know what you are thinking: “A GLASS bottle… for a baby?!”.
We too were surprised to begin with, but if you take into account not only plastic’s environmental impact, but also the fact that it contains toxic chemicals that are harmful to our health, it becomes clear that: a glass baby’s bottle is the best option. This Natural Feeling glass baby’s bottle is not made of any old type of glass, but instead of borosilicate glass that is particularly safe and resistant, so that it can withstand bumps, knocks and extreme temperature changes like a champ!
Not only that, the angled teat or nipple, made of medical grade silicone, is ergonomic helping your baby to suck effectively. So, now that you know the details, you better get using a glass feeding bottle.
WHY DO WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU STOP USING PLASTIC BABY’S BOTTLES?
Plastic is a porous material that absorbs and transfers toxic chemicals whilst in contact with the milk inside, and this can be dangerous for the health of your baby. By law, plastic baby’s bottles cannot contain bisphenol A or phthalates, but they still contain other harmful chemical additives (endocrine disruptors and hormonal toxins) that are extremely dangerous for babies, especially during physical and neurological growth stages. This leads us to believe that no plastic exists that is completely safe for your baby. Therefore, we recommend that you use glass baby’s bottles (for the first few months) and stainless steel bottles (once your child can hold their own bottle). You can read more about hormonal disruptors and raising children plastic-free in our blog.
WHY HAVE WE CHOSEN THIS GLASS BABY’S BOTTLE FOR OUR KIDS?
- It is a healthy and eco-friendly alternative to conventional baby’s bottles.
- It is toxin-free: it’s made of glass, an inert material that does not absorb nor transfer chemical substances to or from our food, even when heated.
- It contains neither bisphenols, phthalates nor any other potentially harmful substances and only contains a small amount of plastic, in the cap ring and the lid, that never comes in contact with the liquid contents.
- Unlike plastic, glass is easily recycled.
- It’s hard-wearing: made with resistant borosilicate glass and can withstand bumps, knocks and abrupt temperature changes.
- It’s hygienic: being see-through it is easy to clean effectively.
- It’s comfortable for you: it’s ergonomic shape makes it easier to hold.
- It’s comfortable for your baby: the wide bottle mouth and angled teat ensures a better lip seal and helps improve your baby’s suction.
- Reduces air ingestion: it has an anti-colic valve that reduces the risk of swallowing air, helping to decrease the incidence of colic, hiccups and vomiting.
- Made in Italy.
ISN’T GLASS DANGEROUS? WHAT IF IT BREAKS?
- During the first few months, when you are the one holding the bottle, there is really very little risk of the bottle being dropped.
- Down the track, if your baby likes to hold onto or play with their bottle, you can switch to a stainless steel baby’s bottle.
OUR TIPS AND ADVICE FOR USE
- Bottle can be washed by hand or put in the dishwasher. When washing by hand, use a bottle brush to clean the teats.
- Boiling the bottle is no trouble, there is no risk of breakage.
- Sterilise the bottle teat or nipple by boiling it in a pan for 3-5 minutes.
- And remember, your baby grows! Change the teat size/model in order to adjust the flow of the milk in accordance with your baby’s age.
DIMENSIONS AND OTHER FEATURES
- There are 2 sizes available: 150ml & 250 ml.
- Height with teat: 14 cm
- Diameter of the base: 6 cm
- Weight: 210 g
- Height with teat: 15.5 cm
- Diameter of the base: 7.5 cm
- Weight: 250 g
- Manufactured in Italy by Chicco.
- Packaging: cardboard and plastic*
- Materials: borosilicate glass (bottle), high quality medical grade silicone (teat)*.
This product contains plastic in the cap ring and in the lid, but these parts are never in contact with the liquid contents. The product’s cardboard box packaging also contains a plastic window.
- Made in Europe