LaVie-2GO Eco Water Purifier 500ml
Our on-the-go version for taking with you wherever you go: to work, to the gym, out and about, even in the car - as you can connect it to the car power adapter or to an external battery for even more flexibility.
Now there is no need to buy bottled water, as LaVie has developed a premium water purifier. This system needs no replacement filters and requires no maintenance. It uses very innovative technology, the photolysis of chlorine with UVA radiation.
An economical, plastic-free, totally natural and effective water treatment system that enables you to drastically reduce the levels of chlorine and all its derivatives,along with chemical compounds such as some pesticides, certain residual drugs, and the undesirable smell and taste of some tap water.
WHY WE RECOMMEND YOU STOP BUYING WATER IN PLASTIC BOTTLES
Water bottled in plastic both contributes to the global plastic waste problem and can also be contaminated by the plastic packaging in which it comes. Take a look at the study published in the Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, it states that water in plastic bottles is a serious source of microplastics in the human diet. Check out our post, where we discuss this exact topic.
In France, the National Health Safety Agency (ANSES) states that the filters used in the commonly used water filtering jugs reduce the water’s pH, degrade the microbial water quality and also add to the rapid distribution of water pollutants (sodium, potassium, ammonium and silver ions). In conclusion, the water filtering jugs, in general, add to plastic and chemical waste accumulation.
WHY WE RECOMMEND SWITCHING TO THE LAVIE 2GO WATER PURIFIER
- Our on-the-go model, to take with you wherever you travel: to the office, to the leisure centre, on outings and even on roadtrips - as you can connect it to your vehicle’s power adapter or to an external battery for even greater mobility.
- A great zero waste plastic-free solution for improving the taste of normal tap water.
- No consumable parts and maintenance-free.
- It comes in an aluminium box that contains a glass bottle and some LED lights. These LED lights shine UVA rays through the water and purify it in 15 minutes.
- Our patented technology:
- eliminates chlorine and its derivatives
- removes bad tastes and smells from the water
- has anti-bacterial effects
- reduces the concentration of certain herbicides (including glyphosate-based herbicides such as Roundup)
- maintains the water’s pH
- preserves natural trace elements
- Big savings: Due to the device’s low power consumption, LaVie® enables you to purify 1,000 litres of water for approximately €1.50 worth of electricity. The upfront purchase price pays for itself in about 1 year, when compared with the amount a family of 2 would spend on bottled mineral water or over a 2 year period for a family using water filtering jugs at home
HOW TO USE THE LAVIE 2GO WATER PURIFYING SYSTEM:
- Put the purifier on a steady surface close to a power point, connect the power cord to the purifier and then plug it in to wall.
- The base of the purifier lights up with little green lights that flash 3 times to indicate that the device has been correctly plugged in. Your purifier is now ready to use.
- Insert the LaVie bottle into the purifier. The bottle will be automatically detected by an integrated sensor. The LED lights will turn blue all along the side of the purifier.
- Once the purification process has finished, roughly 15 minutes, the LED lights will turn off.
- The bottle of now purified water can be taken out of the box and drunk immediately or it can be popped in the fridge for later.
- Adjusting the length of the purifying process: The default setting of the purifier is the standard mode (purifying time: 15 minutes). You can adjust the length of the purification to last longer if once the water has been treated the taste or smell of the water is still not satisfactory. There are 3 modes available and each setting is identified by a a different colour LED light whilst the device is working:
- GREEN: Standard mode – purification lasts 15 minutes
- ABLUE: Intermediate mode – purification lasts 22 minutes
- RED: Intensive mode - purification lasts 30 minutes
- CAUTION! Do NOT overfill the LaVie® bottle right to the top: be sure to leave 1-2cm of air above the water level. During the purification process the water heats up slightly (1 or 2°C), and if there is no room at the top of the bottle for the water to expand, the pressure created by the water’s expansion could potentially result in the bottle breaking.
- Use only tap water that is SUITABLE FOR DRINKING and not any other type of liquid.
- Use only cold or water at room temperature (min 1ºC - max – 40ºC). DO NOT USE HOT WATER.
- Use the LaVie Purifier exclusively with the LaVie bottle provided.
- Only use the LaVie Water Purifying System when the ambient temperature is reasonable 5 - 35ºC.
- Do NOT insert any objects into the device.
- Whilst the purifier is in use, the LED lights heat up, so do NOT touch them. BURN HAZARD.
- The LaVie Water Purifier is not suitable for use by small children.
DIMENSIONS AND OTHER SPECIFICATIONS:
The water purification kit includes:
- An attractive anodised aluminium purifying sleeve that delivers the UVA light.
- 1x LaVie® 550ml borosilicate glass bottle.
- 1x natural bamboo lid with a plastic thread.
- 1x AC / DC USB 110 / 230V electrical adaptor.
- 1x USB-USBC power cord 0.6m (QC 3.0 / 12v-1.5A)
- 1x black neoprene sleeve.
- Height: 26.5cm
- Diameter: Ø 7.5cm
- Weight: 689g
- Volume: 550ml
French design, responsibly manufactured in China.