Traditional & Authentic Aleppo soap bar
This authentic Aleppo soap is manufactured using traditional techniques by a Syrian family of soapmakers who moved to Turkey due to the ongoing conflict in their home country. The Zanabili Aleppo soap is guaranteed to be very high quality and uses the Laurel berry oil (not the Laurel extract that many others use).
There is a whole range of soaps available with different Laurel oil concentrations to ensure there is one to suit your skin the best:
- 50g soap made with 20% Laurel oil content.
- 50g soap made with 40% Laurel oil content.
- 160g soap made with 20% Laurel oil content.
- 150g soap made with 40% Laurel oil content.
- 200g soap made with 5% Laurel oil content.
We tell you how to choose the best soap to suit your skin in the description below.
WHY WE RECOMMEND USING A NATURAL BAR OF SOAP
Using an traditional bar of soap is a great option for reducing the use of plastic in your bathroom. Choosing natural bars of soap ensures that they don’t contain microplastics, or any other synthetic substances that could cause you health problems.
WHY WE ARE SO KEEN ON THE ZANABILI ALEPPO SOAP
- It is made in the traditional way by the Zanabili family, who have been making soap for 4 generations.
- This soap is perfect for day-to-day washing of your hands, face and body, as well as for washing your hair and as a shaving soap.
- It nourishes, regenerates and softens your skin.
- It cares for your scalp and adds volume, shine and body to your hair.
- Being 100% natural, the soap is hypoallergenic, free of preservatives and perfumes. It is not harsh nor harms the skin, making it suitable for people with itchy skin, eczema on their hands, atopic dermatitis and/or allergic or irritant provoked dermatitis.
- This Aleppo soap is made using two key raw materials, olive oil and Laurel oil.
- The olive oil is used to help the skin self-regenerate. It’s moisturising and helps maintain soft smooth skin.
- The Laurel berry oil has antiseptic properties and supports good circulation. It helps to fight acne, dandruff and is antibacterial.
- This soap is vegan and does NOT contain essential oils.
- It is 100% natural. It doesn’t contain toxic chemicals such as colours, preservatives or artificial fragrances.
- Available is small sized bars, making it easy and light to transport.
- Perfect for putting in your minimalist travelling toiletry bag, as it is multi-purpose and can be used by the whole family.
- Palm-oil free
- It is biodegradable and lasts ages.
OUR ADVICE FOR CHOOSING THE ALEPPO SOAP THAT IS JUST RIGHT FOR YOUR SKIN TYPE
- The Zanabili family have shared their tips with us to make it easier to select the right Aleppo soap for each skin type.
- The higher the concentration of the Laurel berry oil the soap has, the more antiseptic and antibacterial it is.
- Aleppo soap with 5% Laurel berry oil: has a higher olive oil concentration, hence making it suitable for dry skin that needs moisturising and extra hydration.
- Aleppo soap with 20% Laurel berry oil: is ideal for combination skin and for shaving.
- Aleppo soap with 40% Laurel berry oil content: is recommended for oily skin that is prone to acne and for those with psoriasis or seborrhoeic dermatitis
OUR TIPS & ADVICE FOR USE
- This soap can be used for daily hand, face and body washing.
- You can also use it to wash your hair. It helps to remove grease and addresses any excess oil production.
- If using as a shampoo, it is important to rinse well.
DIMENSIONS AND OTHER FEATURES
- Dimensions of each bar type:
- 50g soap made with 20% Laurel oil content: 4 x 4 x 2 cm. approx.
- 50g soap made with 40% Laurel oil content: 4 x 4 x 2 cm. approx.
- 200g soap made with 5% Laurel oil content: 8 x 5.5 x 4.5 cm. approx.
- 160g soap made with 20% Laurel oil content: 7,5 x 5 x 4 cm. approx.
- 150g soap made with 40% Laurel oil content: 6 x 6 x 4.5 cm. approx.
- Due to the conflict that has devastated Syria since 2011, the family was forced to start manufacturing in Turkey.
- It comes packaging-free with a paper label.
- Take into account that the weight of each bar of soap may vary slightly depending on the degree of curing/drying.
- INCI:ILEA EUROPAEA OIL, LAURUS NOBILIS OIL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, AQUA
- Does not contain essential oils