Boxwood Single Hole Stirring Spoon
This boxwood kitchen spoon has a uniform texture, an elegant yellow tone and is soft to the touch.
Make a show-stopping bechamel sauce and winning soups thanks to its central hole, that allows air to get into the mixture leaving a light and creamy texture.
They are handcrafted by the third generation of maestro spoon-makers in the family business.
Due to its non-porous surface, boxwood is a very hygienic timber that can even be washed in the dishwasher.
WHY WE RECOMMEND USING WOODEN KITCHEN UTENSILS
Wood is a great alternative to plastic that also is available in a variety of colours, textures and quality levels. There are as many variations as there are tree types: you can choose from light, hard, grained, non-porous, damp resistant… but they are all alive. At Sinplástico we are very aware that the irresponsible use of wood can result in deforestation and the loss of biodiversity. For this reason, we offer products that are made using locally sourced timber that meet the requirements of responsible forest management. As we highlight the advantages of using wood, we are very conscious, that the treatments our products undergo to ensure their long life, do not use chemicals or toxins. At Sinplastico we offer you natural untreated timber products, or those made of wood that has been treated naturally with beeswax, vegetable oils or simply heat treated. Wood, as an alternative to plastic, is a sustainable material that naturally regenerates and is 100% biodegradable..
WHY WE LIKE THIS BOXWOOD STIRRING SPOON WITH A CENTRAL HOLE SO MUCH
- A perfect alternative to plastic (nylon) or silicone kitchen spoons.
- It is handcrafted locally.
- It's toxin-free.
- Thanks to the hole in the centre of the spoon you will be able to make amazing bechamel sauces and thick creamy soups, as the spoon design helps to get air into the mixture, giving it a light and creamy texture.
- It’s made from boxwood that is sourced from forests that have been managed sustainably.
- If you would like more information about all the beneficial characteristics of boxwood head over to our page on the topic.
- You can wash it by hand or put it straight in the dishwasher with everything else.
- Biodegradable and sustainable.
DIMENSIONS & OTHER FEATURES
- Total length: 31 cm
- Spoon-head length: 8.5 cm
- Spoon-head width: 5 cm
- Material: locally sourced wood from controlled sustainable production.
- Traditionally crafted* in Spain.
* Being a handcrafted product, each spoon is unique, so there may be slight variation in their size and shape.
- Madera de boj
- Made in Europe