Boxwood Serving Spoon
This boxwood kitchen spoon has a generous bowl (also known as the spoon head) with a pointy tip that is designed to help serve your favourite dishes, scraping out every last morsel, as well as stirring sauces and even loosening what may have stuck to the bottom of the pan.
They are handcrafted by the family business’ third generation of master spoon-makers.
This wood is very hygienic,so much so it can even be washed in the dishwasher.
WHY WE RECOMMEND USING WOODEN KITCHEN UTENSILS
Wood doesn’t scratch, nor will it damage the surface of our most prized china. Wood also doesn’t get hot, making it less likely that you’ll burn yourself. Wooden things have a natural slightly uneven surface, making them easy to hold on to. Their texture, grain and colour gives them an elegant appearance. At Sinplastico we offer you natural untreated wood, or treated with natural treatments such as beeswax, heat treatment or plant-based oils. Wood, as an alternative to plastic, is a sustainable material that regenerates naturally. It’s 100% biodegradable.
WHY ARE WE SUCH BIG FANS OF THIS BOXWOOD SERVING SPOONJ
- The perfect swap for plastic serving spoons.
- Locally handcrafted.
- Biodegradable and toxin-free.
- Thanks to its generous spoon-head and its pointed tip it allows us to serve our favourite dishes (scraping out every last bit), to stir our meals and even to loosen what may have stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- It is made with boxwood that has been sourced from sustainably managed forests.
- If you would like to learn more about the special characteristics of boxwood, check out our page on the topic.
- Can be washed by hand or in the dishwasher.
DIMENSIONS AND OTHER FEATURES
- Overall length: 28 cm
- Spoon-head length: 9.5 cm
- Spoon-head width: 5 cm
Material: timber that comes from locally produced controlled and sustainable suppliers.
Made using traditional techniques* in Spain.
*Being a handmade product no two spoons are identical, so there may be some slight variation when it comes to size and shape.
- Madera de boj
- Made in Europe