Anae High Waisted Period Underwear
The classic menstrual underwear collection from Acorella is made with organic GOTS certified cotton. This high waisted brief absorbs the equivalent of 3-4 tampons or standard menstrual pads.
They are suitable for heavy flow and after giving birth.
Available in sizes 34 to 48.
WHY WE RECOMMEND YOU STOP USING TAMPONS AND DISPOSABLE MENSTRUAL PADS
Disposable period products are dangerous for the planet. They can also cause health problems for those who use them. The synthetic material they are made of are not recyclable meaning that they end up in landfill or out in the environment.
It is a good idea for the benefit of the planet and your health (and also for your back pocket) to choose reusable and sustainable alternative.
WHY WE STOCK THIS ORGANIC COTTON HIGH WAISTED MENSTRUAL UNDERWEAR
- It’s a healthy, zero waste and eco-friendly alternative to disposable tampons and period pads.
- This high waisted brief is no classic piece of lingerie. It offers safe and effective period protection.
- It draws moisture away: the cotton fabric helps draw the blood towards the absorbent layer. This ensures that the underwear is comfortable and that it dries quickly.
- It’s absorbent: it’s made from a very absorbent bamboo fabric helping this brief to absorb the equivalent of 3-4 tampons or regular period pads. It offers you an average of 8 - 12 hours of freedom.
- It’s waterproof: thanks to its recycled PUL fabric layer, this brief delivers safe protection.
- It’s healthy: all the fabric used to make this high waisted underpant are independently certified (by OEKO-TEX and GOTS). They do not contain pesticides or any other substances that are toxic for your body.
- It's good value for money: It will last you years and it will allow you to say goodbye to using tampons and disposable pads forever. It is a lot better value using this type of personal hygiene products than the single-use variety.
- It’s discreet and comfortable: it is very thin and are hardly noticeable underneath your clothes. It comes up to the belly button and perfectly covers the tummy, waist and hip area.
- It is responsibly manufactured in a small workshop in France that is specialised in making menstrual underwear.
- The left-over fabric waste is collected and used to make upholstery and acoustic and thermal insulation.
PRODUCT USE ADVICE & TIPS
- It is recommended that you have 3 - 5 menstrual briefs to cover your monthly period and to have time to wash and dry your underwear.
- If you experience menstrual haemorraging and during the first few days after having given birth we recommend that you use another type of period protection (as well as these briefs) such as a washable menstrual pad.
- Wash by hand, or machine wash at a maximum of 30ºC.
- Do not use bleach or fabric softener.
- We recommend you air dry this product.
- Do not wash with oil based soaps, such as that from Marseille as to not reduce the absorbency of this period underwear.
DIMENSIONS & OTHER FEATURES
- This underwear is sold individually and comes packaged in cardboard with instructions for use.
- Available from size 34 to size 48.
- Colour: black
- Made in Spain
- Materials: Main fabric: 96% natural cotton, 4 % elastane. Fabric for internal layers: 80% bamboo viscose 20% polyesther: 100% polyester membrane PUL (Polyurethane Laminate)*
- Organic Cotton
- Made in Europe