Iris Period Underwear
All period briefs in Acorella’s classic collection are made from certified organic cotton. The Iris design underpants look just like any other conventional brief, however it can absorb the equivalent of 3-4 regular tampons or menstrual pads.
The Iris brief is suitable for normal to heavy flows. It is also comfortable during the period after having given birth.
WHY WE RECOMMEND YOU LEAVE DISPOSABLE TAMPONS AND PERIOD PADS BEHIND YOU
Single-use disposable period pads and tampons are harmful for the planet. They can also cause health problems in those who use them. They are in no way recyclable and therefore they end up in landfill and littered across the countryside.
Menstrual underwear is a good option for the environment, for your health and for your back pocket, choose sustainable alternatives such as this one from Acorella.
WHY WE OFFER YOU THIS ORGANIC COTTON MENSTRUAL BRIEF
- It’s the healthy, zero waste and eco-friendly alternative to disposable pads and tampons.
- This menstrual underwear provides safe and effective period protection. We’ve tried them ourselves!
- It draws moisture away:the top layer is cotton and it draws the moisture towards the absorbent layer. This ensure the underpants remain comfortable and dry quickly.
- It’s very absorbent:l the second layer of fabric is made of bamboo that is very absorbent, therefore it can absorb the equivalent of 3-4 regular tampons or pads. It gives you and average of 8 – 12 hours of freedom.
- It’s waterproof: thanks to the waterproof layer of recycled PUL fabric, this underwear offers safe protection.
- It’s healthy: all the fabrics used to make this product are independently certified (by OEKO-TEX & GOTS). They do not contain pesticides, nor any substance that could be harmful for your body.
- It’s affordable: these underpants will last you years and it will empower you to avoid needing to spend hundreds of €€€ on disposable period products.
- It’s discreet and comfortable: it is very thin and is barely visible under clothes. It looks very similar to regular underwear.
- It has been put together by a small family business in France. They specialise in making menstrual underwear.
- Zero waste manufacturing: the off-cuts and waste fabric is used for upholstery and for making acoustic and thermal insulation.
PRODUCT USE TIPS AND ADVICE
- In order to easily and comfortably cover your period cycle we recommend you have 3 – 5 menstrual briefs in your drawer.
- If you suffer from heavy bleeding or for post-partum bleeding it may be a good idea to combine this brief with another form of period protection, such as a washable pad.
- Wash by hand or machine wash (max. 30ºC).
- Do not use bleach or fabric softener. It’s also best to avoid oil-based soaps (such as the famous soaps from Marseille) as they can reduce the absorbency of the brief.
- Air drying is recommended.
DIMENSIONS & OTHER FEATURES
- Available in children’s sizes 12 & 14, and for adults from size 34 to 48.
- Colour: Black
- Made in Spain
- Packaging: cardboard packaging with instructions.
- Materials: Main fabric: 96 % natural cotton, 4 % elastane; Inside fabric layer: 80% bamboo viscose 20% polyester ; 100% PUL polyester membrane (Polyurethane Laminate)
- Organic Cotton
- Made in Europe