Bertyne Classic Period Pants
Bertyne period underwear is made from organic cotton. It’s very soft and comfortable, and offers period protection for up to 12 hours. It absorbs the equivalent of 2-3 tampons and is suitable for all types of flow.
This brief is available for all sizes and shapes, from size XXS to size 3XL.
WHY WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU STOP USING DISPOSABLE PADS AND TAMPONS
Single use tampons and pads present an environmental problem because they are not recyclable and they end up floating around contaminating the natural world with their synthetic fibres and chemical components. They can also cause health issues for the people who use them.
On an environmental, health and economic level it is really worthwhile looking into some of the reusable and sustainable alternatives.
WHY WE HAVE DECIDED TO STOCK THIS ORGANIC COTTON PERIOD PANTS FROM BERTYNE
- It is a healthy, zero waste and eco-friendly swap from disposable pads and tampons.
- This menstrual underwear offers safe and effective inbuilt period protection. We have tested it!
- These underpants are super comfy, very soft and discreet.
- They are made from organic cotton.
- They absorbs the equivalent of 2 to 3 regular tampons and you can wear them for up to 12 hours.
- You can use them on their own, with a menstrual cup, or with a washable pad if you have a very heavy flow or haemorrhaging during your period.
- They don’t have seams in the back part of the underpants making them very discreet, and the fabric is also less than 2mm thick.
PRODUCT USE TIPS & TRICKS
- To be able to be covered for your whole period, we would recommend having 3 – 5 period pants.
- If you experience haemorrhaging during your periods or if you have recently given birth and have heavy bleeding it can be advisable to use this brief with another form of period protection such as a resuable washable pad.
- Wash by hand or in the washing machine (maximum 30ºC).
- Do NOT use bleach or fabric softener.
- Don't iron.
- We recommend air drying, best to avoid putting them in the drier or on a radiator to dry.
- Don’t wash with oil-based soaps, such as our soap from Marseille, as it may reduce the absorbency of these period pants.
DIMENSIONS & OTHER FEATURES
- Sold individually.
- Available from size XXS to 3XL.
- You can find a sizing guide in the product images.
- Colour: Black
- Made in Portugal.
- Packaging: comes in a paper envelope with an instructions flyer.
- Materials: The underpants have 3 fabric layers. One layer is (GOTS certified) organic cotton, another layer is viscose from Eucalyptus, and the last one is a waterproof layer (OEKO-TEX).
- Organic Cotton
- Made in Europe